The objective of e-SENS is to make available a comprehensive set of building blocks (BBs) for an interoperable European infrastructure for cross sector services.
The project focuses on providing architecture driven solutions and technical specification on the state of the art technologies by engaging in close corporation various domain communities. The goal is to create general purpose components that can be extended to other various policy areas.
Semantics BB is mostly focused on the semantic interoperability from a legal and official document (evidence, attestation) perspective.
Key facts about e-SENS building blocks:
- The e-SENS BBs define the e-SENS European Interoperability Reference Architecture (EIRA), which is a reference architecture for delivering digital public services (across borders and sectors).
- The e- SENS BBs offer technical specifications, software components and services which focus on the value of openness of architecture, standards and governance.
- The e-SENS BBs are based on the products of previous Large Scale Pilots (LSP), which have been consolidated and further improved.
- The e-SENS BBs are modular and exchangeable. Therefore they are suitable for integration into existing systems in EU Member States and Associated Countries.
- The e-SENS BBs provide a foundation for the platform of “core services” for the eGovernment cross-border digital infrastructure of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
- The e-SENS BBs are assessed against long-term sustainability. This includes market and value analysis as well as analysis of compliance with the needs and requirements of the future adaptors of the building blocks.
Moreover, e- SENS building blocks are: